10 Things For Coaches To Remember:
1) Your players are children playing a game they are still learning.
2) Use mistakes as an opportunity to teach, not to punish.
3) Yelling at a player is the best way to make sure he doesn't have fun playing baseball.
4) Yelling at a player is the worst way to make sure your message is heard.
5) Win with class.
6) Lose with grace.
7) The umpire is human and is going to make mistakes.
8) Your player's attitude will mirror your own.
9) HAVE FUN!
10) From Jim Leyland in a personal letter he wrote to all the Tigers players after he was announced as the manager in 2006: "I demand a lot from my players yet I want my players totally relaxed and having fun. This is not life and death but simply a competitive game."