TheSeason provides tips, drills, and advice on player development for baseball, softball and basketball coaches, parents, and fans.
Skill Set: Infield
Difficulty Level: Easy
Number of Athletes and Coaches: 1-2 athletes and 1 coach, or 2 athletes as partners
Average Time to Complete: 30 seconds
Equipment Required: Balls and gloves
Goal: Keeping your feet planted, your glove out front, keeping your eyes on the ball, and following it into the glove
Description of the Drill:
• Partners 15 feet apart facing each other in defense ready position
• Players keep feet planted in the defense ready position
• Partners throw grounders to each other
• Receiving partner keeps their feet planted and their glove out front
• Receiving partner keeps their eyes on the ball and follows it into their glove
• Partners throw grounders back and forth to each other until each partner has had 5 repetitions
• To add a degree of difficulty, players can throw short hops to each other
• To add a degree of difficulty, players can also field without a glove, one handed or two handed
For more free drills and resources, download the USA Baseball Mobile Coach App for Apple or Android or visit the Mobile Coach website.
From GameChanger and USA Baseball.
Baseball Tips & Drills,