Coach Pollard was a pitcher at Davidson where he ranks 3rd all-time in wins. He started his coaching career at Davidson as an assistant coach. He then moved on to become the head coach at Pfeiffer. In his final season at there his team set a school record with 41 wins and 14 losses. Coach Pollard was also named the Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Conference coach of the year. After Pfeiffer he took the head coaching job at Appalachian state. His team won the schools first conference championship since 1987 in his final season before becoming the head coach at Duke University. In 2018, Duke was nationally ranked for the first time in school history and put up a 40 win season to back it up while also earning a program-record 18 ACC wins and advancing to the first NCAA Super Regional in school history.
Coach Pollard and I got a chance to talk about a lot of things like competitiveness, developing a process, confidence, learning to adapt to players, establishing culture, committing to the moment and much more.
Enjoy today's episode, and don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
Joe Yevoli (@joeyevoli) is an Entrepreneur and former Professional Lacrosse Player in the MLL.
Joe’s a graduate of the University of Virginia, and Syracuse University. He’s a two time All-American, 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year, and a member of the 2003 Virginia National Championship team.
- Pat Casey: Consistency, Establishing Core Values, and Discipline
- Jimmy Kolaitis - UAB Softball Head Coach: Patience, Attention to Detail, and Teaching Core Values
- Gary Gilmore - Coastal Carolina Baseball Coach: Grit, Growing as a Coach, and Passiona
- Mike Candrea - Arizona Head Softball Coach: Respect, Discipline, & Personal Development
- Cliff Godwin - ECU Head Baseball Coach: Controlling What You Can, Setting Standards, and Practice