Coach Servais is a graduate of Wisconsin La Crosse. After college, he found his first collegiate coaching job as an assistant at Saint Mary’s in Winona Minnesota. He then moved on to start the baseball program at Viterbo before returning to Saint Mary’s as the Head Coach where he stayed for seven seasons. During his time at Saint Mary’s, he was named the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Coach of the Year.
He then moved on to his first DI Coaching position at Iowa State in 1996. He stayed for two seasons before serving as an assistant at Creighton from 1998 - 2003. He was then named the head coach at Creighton for the 2004 season.
Coach Servais is starting his 17th season at Creighton where he’s taken the team to four NCAA Tournaments. He is the winningest coach in program history. During his time as head coach, his teams have committed the fewest errors in the nation while leading the country with a .977 fielding percentage.
Coach and I got a chance to talk about a lot of things like changing the culture, dealing with conflicting philosophies, creating a team identity and much much more.
Enjoy today's episode, and don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
Joe Yevoli (@joeyevoli) is an Entrepreneur and former Professional Lacrosse Player in the MLL.
Joe’s a graduate of the University of Virginia, and Syracuse University. He’s a two time All-American, 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year, and a member of the 2003 Virginia National Championship team.
- Troy Silva: Building Confidence, Being a Good Teammate, & Avoid Unrealistic Expectations
- Justin Holmes: Earning Respect, Investing in Work, And Focusing On What's Next
- Gerald Oda: Head Coach of the 2018 Little League World Series Champions
- Pat Casey: Consistency, Establishing Core Values, and Discipline
- Jimmy Kolaitis - UAB Softball Head Coach: Patience, Attention to Detail, and Teaching Core Values
- Gary Gilmore - Coastal Carolina Baseball Coach: Grit, Growing as a Coach, and Passiona
- Mike Candrea - Arizona Head Softball Coach: Respect, Discipline, & Personal Development
- Cliff Godwin - ECU Head Baseball Coach: Controlling What You Can, Setting Standards, and Practice