TheSeason provides tips, drills and advice on player development for coaches, parents and fans.
Skill Set: Hitting
Difficulty Level: Easy
Number of Athletes and Coaches: 1-2 athletes and 1 coach, or 2 athletes as partners
Average Time to Complete: 10 minutes
Equipment Required: Bat, bucket or bag of small whiffle balls or plastic golf balls
Goal: Focus on hand-eye coordination and hitting line drives back towards the coach
Description of the Drill:
• Hitter sets up in hitting stance in open area, coach 15 feet in front of them
• Coach underhand throws the whiffle ball or plastic golf ball down the middle of the plate on a line
• Hitter hits the whiffle ball or plastic golf ball
• Focus should be on hand-eye coordination and hitting line drives back towards the coach
• Partners switch after 10 swings
• If done in an open space, other players can pick up the whiffle balls while the coach tosses
• To add a degree of difficulty, coaches can throw pitches inside and outside
• To add a degree of difficulty, hitters can use their top or bottom hands seperately to hit
For more free drills and resources, download the USA Baseball Mobile Coach App for Apple or Android or visit the Mobile Coach website.
From GameChanger and USA Baseball.
Baseball Tips & Drills,