The GameChanger Lacrosse Podcast is brought to you by the GameChanger Team Manager app. Ditch the emails and spreadsheets. The free GameChanger Team Manager app streamlines scheduling and parent communication into one, easy-to-use app. Learn more at www.gc.com/teammanager
The GameChanger Lacrosse Podcast is about talking to people who have dedicated their life to the game of lacrosse and learning about who they are, how they got to where they are today, and what they do to improve themselves and their teams.
This weeks guest is Chris Rotelli. Chris is from Rumford, Rhode Island. He played high school lacrosse at Moses Brown School where he was a three-time high school All-American and four-time All-State Selection.
He graduated UVa in 2003 as the most decorated Midfielder is Virginia Lacrosse history.
He was a co-captain of the 2003 National Championship team. Also, that year he was the Tewaarton Trophy winner, the McLaughlin Award winner as the nations best midfielder, the ACC player of the year, and a first team all-American. He also became the first lacrosse player in history to win the ACC Male Athlete of the Year, and the first overall pick of the MLL collegiate draft.
He was a 4 time MLL All-Star, a 3-Time All-American, and 3-Time All ACC
In this episode, we discuss how he made a name for himself while playing in an area of the country that’s not typically a hotbed for lacrosse, how he was able to make the transition from playing in Rhode Island, to playing at UVa, and what it takes to become a great midfielder.
- Lars Tiffany: Creating a Cohesive Team, Teaching Players to Think, and Giving Up Control
- J.J. Morrissey: Teaching Hard Work, Dependability, and Humility
- Dave Pietramala: His Defensive Scheme, Team Conflict Resolution, Personal Commitment
- Joe Breschi: His Coaching Style, His Practice Plan, Sport Specialization, and Coming Back to UNC
- Ryan Powell: Playing the Zone Game, Extra Time, Wall Ball Lessons
- Rob Pannel: From an Under Recruited High School Senior to a Cornell, MLL and Team USA Standout
- Bill Tierney (Part 1): The Early Days, Coaching Inspiration, & The Princeton Defense
- Bill Tierney (Part 2): Winning Close Game, HS Recruiting Advice, His "Coaching Blueprint"
About the Host
Joe Yevoli (@joeyevoli) is an Entrepreneur and former Professional Lacrosse Player in the MLL.
Joe’s a graduate of the University of Virginia, and Syracuse University. He’s a two time All-American, 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year, and a member of the 2003 Virginia National Championship team.
About GameChanger Team Manager
Ditch the emails and spreadsheets. The free GameChanger Team Manager app streamlines scheduling and parent communication into one, easy-to-use app. Learn more at www.GC.com/TeamManager