The GameChanger Lacrosse Podcast is brought to you by the GameChanger Team Manager app. Ditch the emails and spreadsheets. The free GameChanger Team Manager app streamlines scheduling and parent communication into one, easy-to-use app. Learn more at www.gc.com/teammanager
The GameChanger Lacrosse Podcast is about talking to people who have dedicated their life to the game of lacrosse and learning about who they are, how they got to where they are today, and what they do to improve themselves and their teams.
John Galloway is on his second season as the head coach of Jacksonville Men’s Lacrosse. At the time of this recording Jacksonville is current 4 - 4.
Coach Galloway was a goal tender at Syracuse University. He has a NCAA record of 59 wins. He was the first 2 time First Team All-American goalie in Syracuse history. He’s also the first goalie in NCAA history to win a national championship in his freshman and sophomore year.
In the MLL he was named Rookie of the year for the Rochester Rattlers and in 2014 he was the MLL Goalie of the Year. He’s an MLL All-Star and a member of the 2014 and 2018 US National Team.
He started off his coaching career at Providence University where he helped coach their goal to become the Big East goaltender of the year and All-Big East First team honors. That was the first time in program history that someone from Providence earned that honor.
In this convo we talk about things like how he’s trying to establish a strong culture at JU, how he prepares his team week in and week out, and much more. This is a great conversation for young coaches who are trying to build a strong culture and set the tone for their program. Here’s my interview with Coach Galloway.
- Chris Rotelli: What it Takes to Become a Great Midfielder
- Lars Tiffany: Creating a Cohesive Team, Teaching Players to Think, and Giving Up Control
- J.J. Morrissey: Teaching Hard Work, Dependability, and Humility
- Dave Pietramala: His Defensive Scheme, Team Conflict Resolution, Personal Commitment
- Joe Breschi: His Coaching Style, His Practice Plan, Sport Specialization, and Coming Back to UNC
- Ryan Powell: Playing the Zone Game, Extra Time, Wall Ball Lessons
- Rob Pannel: From an Under Recruited High School Senior to a Cornell, MLL and Team USA Standout
- Bill Tierney (Part 1): The Early Days, Coaching Inspiration, & The Princeton Defense
- Bill Tierney (Part 2): Winning Close Game, HS Recruiting Advice, His "Coaching Blueprint"
About the Host
Joe Yevoli (@joeyevoli) is an Entrepreneur and former Professional Lacrosse Player in the MLL.
Joe’s a graduate of the University of Virginia, and Syracuse University. He’s a two time All-American, 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year, and a member of the 2003 Virginia National Championship team.
About GameChanger Team Manager
Ditch the emails and spreadsheets. The free GameChanger Team Manager app streamlines scheduling and parent communication into one, easy-to-use app. Learn more at www.GC.com/TeamManager