The GameChanger Lacrosse Podcast is brought to you by the GameChanger Team Manager app. Ditch the emails and spreadsheets. The free GameChanger Team Manager app streamlines scheduling and parent communication into one, easy-to-use app. Learn more at www.gc.com/teammanager
Today on the show we have Matt Gibson.
Matt is an alumnus of Yale University. During his time at Yale he was a two-time All-American and a two-time All-Ivy League player. He was also a first team All New England and the New England Player of the year.
Matt started his MLL career with the New York Lizards. He was MLL Rookie of the year in 2012 and has since become an MLL All-Star. He also won an MLL championship with the Lizards in 2015. He's now a member of the Atlanta Blaze.
This was my first conversation with Matt. He's a very intelligent and introspect guy. In this episode, we got to talk about things like self-analyzing yourself as a player, learning patience, the benefits of consistency and accountability and much more. If you’re a young player this is an episode you won’t want to miss.
- Joel White: From "Preferred Walk-On to the Nation's Top Midfielder
- Steve Brooks: Illinois to Syracuse, Overcoming Injury, and Bringing the Championship Back
- Matt Abbott: Choosing the Right School, Controlling What You Can, Overcoming an Off Year
- Myles Jones: Improving Weaknesses, Developing Leadership, and Training Routines
- Shelley Klaes-Bawcombe: Learning Confrontation, Instilling Confidence, and Her Coaching Philosophy
- Trevor Baptiste: His Recruiting Story, Perspective, and a Focus on Competing
- Sandy Brown: 2018 MLL All-Star Game Special
- Marcus Holman: High School Days, North Carolina, Mental Preparation
- Scott Marr: Empathy, Compassion, and Being Yourself
- Tom Palasek: Performance Jumps, Mental & Physical Toughness, and Choosing the Right School
- Kevin Conry: University of Michigan Head Coach
- Brett Bucktooth: Family Lacrosse, Basic Fundamentals, and Building Athleticism
- Ryan Moran: Navy Prep, Maryland & Loyola Offense, and the New Challenge at UMBC
- Chris Rotelli: What it Takes to Become a Great Midfielder
- Lars Tiffany: Creating a Cohesive Team, Teaching Players to Think, and Giving Up Control
- J.J. Morrissey: Teaching Hard Work, Dependability, and Humility
- Dave Pietramala: His Defensive Scheme, Team Conflict Resolution, Personal Commitment
- Joe Breschi: His Coaching Style, His Practice Plan, Sport Specialization, and Coming Back to UNC
- Ryan Powell: Playing the Zone Game, Extra Time, Wall Ball Lessons
- Rob Pannel: From an Under Recruited High School Senior to a Cornell, MLL and Team USA Standout
- Bill Tierney (Part 1): The Early Days, Coaching Inspiration, & The Princeton Defense
- Bill Tierney (Part 2): Winning Close Game, HS Recruiting Advice, His "Coaching Blueprint"
About the Host
Joe Yevoli (@joeyevoli) is an Entrepreneur and former Professional Lacrosse Player in the MLL.
Joe’s a graduate of the University of Virginia, and Syracuse University. He’s a two time All-American, 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year, and a member of the 2003 Virginia National Championship team.
About GameChanger Team Manager
Ditch the emails and spreadsheets. The free GameChanger Team Manager app streamlines scheduling and parent communication into one, easy-to-use app. Learn more at www.GC.com/TeamManager