In 2002 she was a Gold Medalist in the Pan American Championship where she was named MVP. And she won the gold medal again in 2007. She won gold medals at the WBSC World Championship in 2006, 2010, and 2018. And, she won a silver medal in the 2008 Olympics. Her list of accomplishments just goes on and on.
Monica and I got a chance to talk about a lot of things like learning to refresh, her time in Japan, her advice for younger players, how she keeps her arm healthy, and much more.
Enjoy today's episode, and don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
Joe Yevoli (@joeyevoli) is an Entrepreneur and former Professional Lacrosse Player in the MLL.
Joe’s a graduate of the University of Virginia, and Syracuse University. He’s a two time All-American, 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year, and a member of the 2003 Virginia National Championship team.
- Kelsey Stewart - Working on Weaknesses, Focusing on Fundamentals, and Becoming a Well Rounded Player
- Valerie Arioto - Her Support System, An Outsiders Perspective, & Keeping Things Simple
- Jo Evans - Humility, Doing the Hard Thing, and Getting Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Lonni Alameda - Honesty, Transparency, and Failing Forward
- Penny Foore - Knowing Players, Setting Boundaries & Expectations
- Ricci Woodard - Team Standards, Learning to Listen, and Picking the Right Battles
- Steve Trimper - Relationships, Core Values, and the Compete Factor
- Chris Pollard - Competitiveness, Developing a Process, and Committing to the Moment
- Pat Casey - Consistency, Establishing Core Values, and Discipline
- Scott Berry: USM Baseball Head Coach - Confidence, Understanding Failure, & Learning to Compete
- Tim Walton - Uni. of Florida Softball: Bouncing Back, Delivering on Promises, & Playing to Strength
- Scott Stricklin - Georgia Head Baseball Coach: Message Consistency, Feeling at Home, and Team Values
- Jimmy Kolaitis - UAB Softball Head Coach: Patience, Attention to Detail, and Teaching Core Values
- Gary Gilmore - Coastal Carolina Head Baseball Coach: Grit, Growing as a Coach, and Passion
- Mike Candrea - Uni. of Arizona Head Softball Coach: Respect, Discipline, & Personal Development
- Cliff Godwin - ECU Head Baseball Coach: Controlling What You Can, Setting Standards, and Practice