Today on the show we have the head coach of the University of Florida Softball team, Tim Walton.
Coach Walton is an alumnus of Oklahoma. During his time with the Sooners, he played in two college world series and won his senior year. After college, he played two years with the Philadelphia Phillies Minor League team.
He started his softball coaching career with the Sooners in 1999. In 2003 he got his first head coaching job at Wichita State. He then took over as the head coach at the University of Florida in 2006. Since then he’s been the SEC coach of the year 5 times. And the Florida Gators won back to back national titles in 2014 and 2015.
Coach and I talked about a lot on today's show. Things like internal competition, competing against yourself, having a bounce-back mentality, delivering on a promise, building relationships, playing to your strengths, and much more.
Enjoy today's episode, and don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
Joe Yevoli (@joeyevoli) is an Entrepreneur and former Professional Lacrosse Player in the MLL.
Joe’s a graduate of the University of Virginia, and Syracuse University. He’s a two time All-American, 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year, and a member of the 2003 Virginia National Championship team.
- Scott Stricklin - Georgia Head Baseball Coach: Message Consistency, Feeling at Home, and Team Values
- Jimmy Kolaitis - UAB Softball Head Coach: Patience, Attention to Detail, and Teaching Core Values
- Gary Gilmore - Coastal Carolina Head Baseball Coach: Grit, Growing as a Coach, and Passion
- Mike Candrea - Uni. of Arizona Head Softball Coach: Respect, Discipline, & Personal Development
- Cliff Godwin - ECU Head Baseball Coach: Controlling What You Can, Setting Standards, and Practice