1. Augie Garrido, former University of Texas Longhorns Baseball coach, passed away this spring. In the first College World since his passing, his presence is still felt. In honor of the late coach, the current head coach of the Longhorn squad wore his No. 16 jersey this year in Omaha.
Garrido's first college world series appearance was as the Cal State Fullerton head coach 43 years ago, taking the team to the CWS in the program's inaugural year.
In total, Garrido made 15 visits to Omaha and won five national championships. He was the first coach to win a national title with two programs and is still the only coach to win multiple CWS championships at more than one school.
2. An eighth-grade lacrosse coach inspires his team with a Fortnite-themed pregame speech.
3. The San Diego Padres' team bus was a no-show for their game in San Francisco on Sunday...so they improvised and flagged down a new ride.
No team bus?— San Diego Padres (@Padres) June 24, 2018
Time to improvise. 🚌 pic.twitter.com/8X0y7TXbSE
4. Oregon women's softball coach Mike White has accepted the head coaching job for the Texas Longhorns. He's replacing Connie Clark who had been the head coach at Texas since the program began. While with the Ducks, White led the team to five Women's College World Series appearances. We're excited to see what he does in Austin.
5. The San Antonio Spurs promote Becky Hammon to "front-of-the-bench assistant coach". Hammon was the first full-time female coach in NBA history. Will she achieve another historical milestone down the line as the first female NBA head coach?
Becky isn't the only female baller turning heads. Check out former NBA star Adrian Griffin's daughter tearing it up on the court. Aubrey Griffin is the No. 56 prospect for the 2019 class.
Then there's this...
Kobe Bryant's young daughter Gianna has taken a few pointers from watching dad.